Join The Shelby Oaks Behind-The-Scenes Experience
Based on the Paranormal Paranoids internet mystery, SHELBY OAKS is Chris Stuckmann’s chilling feature film debut. Now in post-production, join Chris and his team as they share their production journey with you.
Back now to get your copy PLUS our behind-the-scenes indie filmmaking experience and other exclusive rewards.
Have you ever wondered how an indie film really gets made? Join Chris Stuckmann and his team as they share every step of their journey to produce Shelby Oaks, Chris’s feature debut and breakout Kickstarter success ($1.3 million+ raised).
“The BTS was really high quality and it shows how it’s not some afterthought thrown in to try to appease backers who pledged to get it. It’s a legit ‘perk’ filled with some real behind the scenes stuff. Getting to see the location parts was amazing and made me even more excited.” – William S. on Kickstarter
“The first BTS video was excellent, and makes me even more excited for what’s to come. Keep up the great work!” – Matt D. on Kickstarter
“Just want to say how unbelievably impressed I am with the constant updates, behind the scenes shorts / photos and work that’s going in, not only on the film but keeping us informed and in the loop. You’ve managed this perfect tightrope of teasing and not giving everything away.” – Dogman on Discord
The behind-the-scenes indie filmmaking experience is currently in progress, but you can still join and access every bit of material released so far, as well as all the upcoming updates on production and post-production.
Chris and his team are sharing their journey through regular updates on the private backers-only sections of the Shelby Oaks Discord, including images and short videos, as well as longer week-by-week video updates (15-20 minutes) that go into extensive detail of what the team has been working on and how it has been doing.
Your experience includes:
- Regular Production Updates – Chris and the team will provide regular, detailed filmed updates on the progress of the project, covering what is happening on-set and behind-the-scenes. We will share both the highs and lows of production and post-production, covering everything from storyboarding and lighting setup to rarely-discussed (but vital) topics such as financing, sales, and distribution.
- Behind-The-Scenes Videos – We’ll have a cameraperson on set dedicated to capturing Chris and the team as they work. Potential material includes set building time-lapse footage, the opportunity to view select set and prep meetings, and footage of the filming process itself (don’t worry, we’ll be keeping it spoiler-free).
- Cast & Crew Interviews – We’ll be interviewing the cast and crew about their experiences on-set. Expect to hear from people performing a wide range of different roles, including camera-operators, lighting specialists, and even our composer.
- Interviews With Other Filmmakers – Chris will be interviewing other successful filmmakers and finding out how they made their first features and the struggles they went through to do so.
- Two-way process – We will be actively engaging with the community and listening to what you want to see. If a particular element of the filming process interests everyone, we’ll try to include coverage of it
If you haven’t joined the experience yet, it isn’t too late! Backers who support the movie (see below) will have access to the complete behind-the-scenes experience, inclusive of both existing updates and those still to come through production and post-production. This material is not being made available anywhere else.
About Shelby Oaks
Set and filmed in Ohio in partnership with Paper Street Pictures, Shelby Oaks will be Chris Stuckmann’s directing debut and first feature, based on an original script also written by Chris.
Shot as a traditional feature, but with some elements of found footage, Shelby Oaks is a horror film about missing paranormal investigators (the paranormal paranoids), the dark legacy they uncovered, and the far-reaching effects their investigation has as Mia searches for her sister Riley, the lead paranormal investigator, 12 years later.
As Mia uncovers new and disturbing leads related to Riley’s disappearance, she uncovers evidence of a hidden supernatural evil dating all the way back to her and Riley’s childhood.
In addition to the behind-the-scenes experience, you will also receive a copy of the movie (digital or physical, depending on the tier you choose), and many other rewards. Check out the options below.